Dungannon Golf Club Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy
As a club we welcome offers of additional help in supporting our juniors programme. Helpers are all required to undergo the appropriate safeguarding checks as required by UK law and documented in the policy. If you are considering offering assistance please contact the Junior Convenor in the first instance.
The individual forms that support implementation of our Safeguarding Policy are available below. The table provides a title for the form, a brief description of its purpose and who should complete it, and a link to download it.
Dungannon Golf Club’s Safeguarding Statement
Dungannon Golf Club is committed to safeguarding children and by working under the guidance of Golf’s Safeguarding Policy, our staff, both volunteers and employed, working with our young people, throughout the club, seek to create a safe environment for young people to grow and develop within golf. The following set of principles should be adhered to:
• Importance of childhood – The importance of childhood should be understood and valued by everyone involved in sport.
• Needs of the child – All children’s sport experiences should be guided by what is best for children. This means that adults should have a basic understanding of the emotional, physical and personal needs of young people.
• Integrity in relationships – Adults interacting with children in sport are in a position of trust and influence. They should always ensure that children are treated with integrity and respect, and the self esteem of young people is enhanced.
• Fair Play – All children’s sport should be conducted in an atmosphere of fair play. The principles of fair play should always be emphasised, and organisers should give clear guidelines regarding acceptable standards of behaviour.
• Quality atmosphere & ethos – Children’s sport should be conducted in a safe, positive and encouraging atmosphere.
• Competition – Competition is an essential element of sport and should be encouraged in an age appropriate manner. A child centred ethos will help to ensure that competition and specialisation are kept in their appropriate place.
• Equality – All children should be valued and treated in an equitable and fair manner regardless of ability, age, gender, religion, social and ethnic background or political persuasion.
Our club is committed to ensuring that the safety, welfare and well-being of children is maintained at all times during their participation in activities run by the club and its member bodies.
We aim to promote a safe environment for all children and to assist all staff, officials, coaches, members and volunteers to recognise child abuse and neglect and follow the appropriate notification procedures when reporting alleged abuse.
Club Children’s Officer
Club Children’s Officer (CCO)
The role of the CCO is to to promote awareness of safeguarding guidelines in the golf club, check that all activities are safe and fun and inform adults of how to deal with any concerns that may arise in relation to the protection of children.
Designated Liason Person
Designated Liaison Person (DLP)
The Designated Liaison Person is responsible for ensuring that reporting procedures within the club are followed so that child welfare and protection concerns are referred promptly to the Statutory Authorities. The Designated Liaison Person records all concerns or allegations of child abuse brought to his/her attention, and the actions taken following receipt of a concern or allegation of child abuse.
SAFEGUARDING FORMS DOWNLOAD CENTRE
| Players-Selected-to-Represent-Dungannon-Golf-Club-Agreement.pdf application/pdf|
Players-Selected-to-Represent Dungannon Golf Club AgreementOpen Download Copy Link 95.94 KB February 14, 2021
|95.94 KB||February 14, 2021|
| One-to-One-Coaching-Policy.pdf application/pdf|
One to One Coaching PolicyOpen Download Copy Link 96.41 KB August 17, 2022
|96.41 KB||August 17, 2022|
| FAQ-Safeguarding-Questions.pdf application/pdf|
Safeguarding-QuestionsOpen Download Copy Link 165.44 KB February 14, 2021
|165.44 KB||February 14, 2021|
| Dungannon-GC-Safeguarding-Policy-August-2020-1.pdf application/pdf|
Safeguarding Policy - August 2020Open Download Copy Link 641.43 KB February 14, 2021
|641.43 KB||February 14, 2021|